With the first of the four tests between India and Australia getting underway on Thursday, December 06 at Adelaide Oval, cricket fans have every reason to be hopeful of a gripping encounter. Be it Pat Cummins, Tim Paine, Usman Khawaja or Michele Starc for Australia or Viral Kohli, R Ashwin or Cheteshwar Pujara for India, both teams have some exceptional talents that can alter outcomes singlehandedly. Add to it the rivalry factor and both teams’ aspiration to set the tone for the series with a win, the test match may turn out to be a spectacle.
The Adelaide Oval test has created a buzz in the fantasy cricket circuit. Fantasy leaguers around the world are eyeing the top spot on the leaderboards of their respective fantasy cricket websites and the financial rewards that come by default. If you too are a fantasy leaguer with similar aspirations, it’s time to get armed with certain selection strategies that can help your cause. Read on, as we run you through helpful insights for wise selections.
- Murali, for his fine knock against CA XI, deserves the opening spot while the other option could be either Usman Khawaja or Aaron Finch, both of whom have been among runs lately.
- Given his technique and temperament, Cheteshwar Pujara is your best bet for number three slot. However, if you face budget constraints, Shaun Marsh is a good replacement.
- Virat Kohli can be the ideal number four batsman. Although he may cost you heavily in credits, the runs he makes will justify the investment.
- For the fifth spot, Rahane fits the bill. However, you can take a chance with Rohit Sharma provided he makes it to the playing 11.
- Prefer Tim Paine for the glove work, as he can also earn you points with his batting skills.
- The all-rounder slot has three worthy contenders – R Ashwin, R Jadeja and Mitchell Marsh. Take your pick wisely.
- If R Ashwin is missing in your squad, go for Nathan Lyon as the spin option, otherwise skip the spinner outright.
- The real challenge is selecting pace bowlers since there are too many to choose from. Trust Pat Cummins, Michele Starc, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah, as each one of them is a world class bowler. Josh Hazelwood can also be considered.
- Let Virat Kohli captain your virtual team for his abilities to score big and score consistently. If he scores a century, which is not unlikely considering his recent record, he will fetch you twice the points vis-à-vis a normal batsman.
- Consider Murali Vijay for vice-captaincy, as he can get you valuable points.
Below is the list of batsmen for this match who should be part of your fantasy cricket team.
|PLAYERS TO WATCH – BATSMEN|
Below is the list of bowlers for this match who should be part of your fantasy cricket team.
|PLAYERS TO WATCH – BOWLERS|
You can also check details for last few Australia vs. India matches to get an idea which team would be the winner in this upcoming match.
|SERIES/TOURNAMENT||DATE||LAST FIVE MATCHES|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||25-Mar-17||AUS Vs India(Winner)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||16-Mar-17||AUS Vs India(Drew)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||4-Mar-17||AUS Vs India(Winner)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||23-Feb-17||AUS(Winner) Vs India|
|Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2014/15||5-Jan-15||AUS Vs India(Drew)|