On 11th December in Adelaide, Virat Kohli led India did what the predecessors failed to do series after series – win the opening match of the test series against Australia Down Under. Australia is not what it used to be, struggling in all departments of the game and lacking genuine match winners, but India’s effort cannot be discounted. Regardless of the opposition, a consolidated effort is required to romp home and India did exactly that with conviction and flair. With the second test at Perth on the cards, team India will be looking to extend their wining streak, while Aussies will be keen to return to wining ways, which however, is a tall ask.
As a fantasy leaguer, you have a lot to follow, enjoy and earn when India take on Australia on December 14 in Perth. However, if lack of winning strategies is keeping you away from playing India-Australia fantasy league, we are here to help. Read on to know your best options.
Tip 1: Stuff your team with top order batsmen for they will fetch you more points vis-à-vis the lower order batsmen.
- Although Murali could not contribute much to the team cause with the bat, he still is a good choice for his technique and experience.
- The Australian rookie, Marcus Harris displayed some application in the previous two innings and can deliver you true value for your money.
- Pujara for his brilliant century deserves an inclusion, even if he costs you a little more credits than most others.
- Kohli was not among runs in the first test, but given his consistency, you cannot leave him out. He is likely to come back strongly and hit his way to a yet another century.
- There is general sentiment that Rohit is due for big runs and Perth test may be his moment. The same is the case with Usman Khawaja, the talented Queenslander.
- Shaun Marsh has the experience and skills to anchor the middle order and the tail while making big runs.
Tip 2: Go for spin all-rounders because the pitch will deteriorate as the game progresses.
- Ashwin bowled brilliantly to end up with 6 wickets in both innings, making him indispensable for your team. His batting capabilities cannot be undermined as well.
- However, if lack of credits refrain you from picking Ashwin, Travis Head is an ideal replacement.
Tip 3: Prefer at least 4 fast bowlers.
- Both teams have a fair share of quality bowlers but your best bets are Ishant Sharma, Mitchell Starc, Bumrah and Sami. Hazelwood can also be considered.
Below is the list of batsmen for this match who should be part of your fantasy cricket team.
|PLAYERS TO WATCH – BATSMEN|
Below is the list of bowlers for this match who should be part of your fantasy cricket team.
|PLAYERS TO WATCH – BOWLERS|
You can also check details for last few Australia vs. India matches to get an idea which team would be the winner in this upcoming match.
|SERIES/TOURNAMENT||DATE||LAST FIVE MATCHES|
|India tour of Australia 2018/19||5-Dec-18||AUS Vs India(Winner)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||25-Mar-17||AUS Vs India(Winner)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||16-Mar-17||AUS Vs India(Drew)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||4-Mar-17||AUS Vs India(Winner)|
|Australia tour of India 2016/17||23-Feb-17||AUS(Winner) Vs India|