For West Indies, the poor run continues, going down meekly to Bangladesh 0-2 in the recently concluded two test match series. However, the forthcoming ODI and T20I series will be a different ballgame altogether, as Windies are way more adapted to the shorter formats. This is exactly the reason why the first ODI scheduled at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka on December 09, Sunday, is creating a buzz in cricketing circles and beyond it.
As the cricketing action is about to unfold between two lowly placed yet exciting teams, you, the fantasy leaguer, might be contemplating all possible combinations to boost your chances. We help your cause with feasible selection strategies based on various key parameters.
- Stuff your fantasy cricket team with top order batsmen for they are likely to face the maximum number of deliveries and do the bulk of the scoring. And when they do, you can simply rake in points and cash. Your best bets for the first ODI are Liton Das, Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar, along with Shimron Hetmyer and Kieran Powell.
- Opt for one or two middle-order batsmen that can keep the scoreboard ticking in the middle overs and go ballistic in the death. Darren Bravo and Marlon Samuels fit the bill.
- All-rounders are integral to your chances, as they can fetch you points with the bat, as well as the ball. Since both teams have a fair share of all-rounders, you may have a hard time choosing from options like Carlos Brathwaite, Shakib Al Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza, and Mahmudullah.
- Shai Hope should be your wicketkeeper for his skills with the gloves and bat.
- The pitch is spin-friendly, so a quality left-arm spinner like Mohammad Nazmul can prove to a winning move.
- Mustafizur Rahman, Oshane Thomas and Kemar Roach will serve you well in the pace department.
|Match||Bangladesh Vs. Windies, 1st ODI|
|Match number||ODI no. 4071|
|Time||13.00 start, First Session 13.00-16.30, Interval 16.30-17.15, Second Session 17.15-20.45|
|Venue||Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka|
|Match days||9 December 2018 – day/night match (50-over match)|
|Series||West Indies tour of Bangladesh 2018/19|
Bangladesh enters the game as the favourites for reasons of form, fitness and home advantage. However, West Indies can stage a comeback provided they put their best foot forward.