Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders are two of the most popular teams in the IPL. They have a huge fan base and when these two teams play, fans go berserk. So, fans will be waiting impatiently for the Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders on April 10, 2018.
This is also a great time for fantasy cricket players to form their fantasy cricket team comprising players from both sides. The match preview and prediction should help you make a smart team selection choice.
|Match||Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders, 5th Match|
|Date||Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 8:00 PM ( 02:30 PM GMT / 08:00 PM LOCAL )|
|Venue||MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai|
Under Captain MS Dhoni, Chennai Super Kings will be raring to go. This is especially since the team was out of the IPL for two years. However, after serving its ban, it is back with a bang and will be looking to emulate their success of 2010 and 2011. With Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Shane Watson, Dwayne Bravo and Faf du Plessis, it is a formidable team.
On the other hand, Kolkata Knight Riders have thrown in their lot with uncapped players and new blood. This may come back to haunt them as the tournament progresses and stress levels increase. The team is captained by Dinesh Karthik, and he will have to work hard and inspire the young side to perform in the death overs.
While both teams have a good set of players on paper, ground reality is slightly different. Taking into consideration the world-class players in Chennai Super Kings, the odds favor the team.
Here are some reasons why Chennai Super Kings may win the encounter at the M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai:
- Chennai has great batting depth, right from top to the bottom
- Captain Cool, MS Dhoni, is a game changer
- In the bowling department, the team has Shane Watson, Imran Tahir, Dwayne Bravo and Harbhajan Singh who can take wickets at will
- Kolkata Knight Riders no longer have Gautam Gambhir to score runs
- While KKR has Sunil Narine, Piyush Chawla, Robin Uthappa and Kamlesh Nagarkoti, it may not be enough to stop the onslaught on Chennai Super Kings