While IPL is going on, there is no dull moment for cricket fans. This season of IPL is coming to an end but the fight is still on for the playoffs. KXIP is giving its last fight to qualify against the already qualified CSK. To make this more interesting, here are the match details and predictions for the 55th match of this season.
|Match||Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings- IPL 2019 Match 55|
|Venue||Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh|
|Series||Indian Premier League|
|Time||04:00 pm IST|
Predicted Squad for Kings XI Punjab
Ravichandran Ashwin, KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mandeep Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, David Miller, Mohammed Shami, Ankit Rajpoot, M Ashwin, Mayank Agarwal, Sam Curran
Predicted Squad for Chennai Super Kings
Suresh Raina, Imran Tahir, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Faf du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Shane Watson
- Punjab has been quite poor on its home ground this season. Will this last match be any different?
The biggest problem for Punjab is its middle order and limited bowling strength. After starting well, they just lost in the middle.
- It is highly likely that MS Dhoni might not play the match, this could be a blessing for Punjab as CSK has been very different from a champion team without Dhoni.
- On paper, CSK is stronger than the hosts if the current position on the points table is considered.
- Therefore, one can expect the players of Chennai Super Kings to overpower the hosts during the game.
- KL Rahul and Gayle will be the key players if Punjab wants to win this game. One of them needs to bat till the last over.
- If Dhoni plays, it will be a CSK’s game. However, in his absence, it might be difficult to predict a winner as both will be toothless sharks fighting to survive.