Right after the New Year celebrations end, get ready to witness the epic ODI clash between the Kiwis and the Lions. Team New Zealand & Sri Lanka are going to face each other on January 3 for an ODI match. Here are some basic information that you must know about this clash before you make any cricket predictions:-
|Match||New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka|
|Time||6: 30 am IST, January 3, 2019|
|Venue||Bay Oval, Tauranga|
|Match days||3 January 2019 – day/night match (50-over match)|
|Series||Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018-19 ODI Series|
Here are the squads for the match:
New Zealand Cricket Team
KS Williamson (c), TA Boult, DAJ Bracewell, LH Ferguson, MJ Guptill, MJ Henry, C Munro, JDS Neesham, HM Nicholls, TL Seifert †, IS Sodhi, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor
Sri Lanka Cricket Team
SL Malinga (c), PVD Chameera, LD Chandimal †, DM de Silva, N Dickwella †, N Pradeep, DAS Gunaratne, MD Gunathilaka, CBRLS Kumara, AD Mathews, BKG Mendis †, MDKJ Perera †, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, CAK Rajitha, PADLR Sandakan, MD Shanaka
- Both the teams are yet to announce their squads for this series. Therefore, one the squads are announced, the prediction will be more accurate.
- Looking at the stats, it seems like the team that will bat first is likely to score more depending upon the pitch conditions. The average score for the first innings is 245 while for the second innings, the average drops down to 225. Thus, winning the toss and taking the right decision will be quite important for both the teams.
- There is also interesting data from the past where New Zealand has scored 294 against the same opponents in the past. This gives you an idea that the hosts are at a better position for this match.
- As per the current ODI rankings, New Zealand is at number 3 while team Sri Lanka is far behind in points and is at number 8. This makes it a big challenge for the visitors as they are likely to build pressure on their minds because of strong opponents.
- Both the teams need to play the game with a positive frame of mind. While the hosts and can make mistakes if they are overconfident about their strong positions, even the visitors might not perform well if they take too much stress on their mind.
- It is important that the teams are chosen based on the pitch conditions. Also, if you are going to play fantasy cricket for this match, make sure that you check the pitch report and predictions made by the experts before the match begins.
- The form of the players can be predicted for this match keeping in mind the current form of the players of both teams in the ongoing Test series.
It will be interesting to watch these two teams battle on the field in ODI match right after the test series ends. We are also waiting for the squads to be announced so that we can predict better.