The test series between the Kiwis and the Lions have just ended, and the ODI series has begun with a bang. Team New Zealand & Sri Lanka will be facing each other on January 5 for the second ODI match of the series. Here is what you should know about this match before making any general cricket predictions or on a betting website:-
|Match||New Zealand Vs Sri Lanka|
|Time||6: 30 am IST, January 5, 2019|
|Venue||Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui|
|Match days||3 January 2019 – day/night match (50-over match)|
|Series||Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018-19 ODI Series|
|Match number||ODI no. 4075|
|TV Umpires||Paul Wilson|
|Reserve Umpire||Chris Brown|
|Match Referee||Sir Richie Richardson|
The squads have been announced. Have a look at the teams before you make any predictions about the match:-
New Zealand Team
KS Williamson (c), TA Boult, DAJ Bracewell, LH Ferguson, MJ Guptill, MJ Henry, C Munro, JDS Neesham, HM Nicholls, TL Seifert †, IS Sodhi, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor
Sri Lanka Team
SL Malinga (c), PVD Chameera, LD Chandimal †, DM de Silva, N Dickwella †, N Pradeep, DAS Gunaratne, MD Gunathilaka, CBRLS Kumara, BKG Mendis †, MDKJ Perera †, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, CAK Rajitha, S Samarawickrama †, PADLR Sandakan, MD Shanaka
• The squads for both the teams are yet to be announced. Therefore, at this moment, we can only make general predictions.
• Taking a look at the records, it is evident that the team that will bat first has more chances of winning the game because the average score of the first innings is higher than that of the second one. Though winning the toss is a matter of luck, it is important for the winning captain to take the right decision after that.
• In the past, New Zealand has scored 294 against Sri Lanka and have won the match. This shows that the hosts have an upper edge as compared to the visitors.
• The current ODI rankings state that team New Zealand is at number 3 and team Sri Lanka is at number 8 and has quite fewer points. This is another factor that proves the superiority of the hosts in the game and this series.
• A lot will depend on how the players step on the field. The winning team from the first ODI will be trying to win this match to create a pressure on the opponents while the losing team will try to bounce bag. Therefore, the match is likely to be more interesting than the 1st ODI.
• It is important to know the condition of the pitch before making any prediction. The general pitch analysis and the scoring pattern has been mentioned above, but the accurate report shall be shared by the experts before the match begins. Do not forget to check that out.
• Since one ODI match has already passed after the test series, the form of all the players is quite clear. Keeping the form in mind, predictions will be more accurate.
The clash will be interesting to witness. The winners of the previous match will try to win this one to win the series while the other team will try to win to level the series and be in the game.