The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2018 auction has just concluded and it was a thrilling experience for fans and clubs. Each club was hoping to pick up their players to consolidate their side and ensure their team comes on top when the IPL matches begin.
The IPL 2018 Auction
Ben Stokes appears to be the player in demand. In 2017, Rising Pune Supergiant paid INR 14.5 crore for him and this year, Rajasthan Royals paid nearly the same amount, at INR12.5 crore. This made Stokes, an all-rounder, the most expensive player of the Indian Premier League 2018 auction.
Rajasthan Royals appear to have a huge budget this year. They did not have qualms about making another expensive bid, when they grabbed Jaydev Unadkat for INR11.5 crore on day two of the IPL 2018 auction.
With this, Unadkat became the most expensive Indian player in the IPL 2018 auction. The price he commanded was more than what the Sunrisers Hyderabad paid for Manish Pandey and Kings XI Punjab paid for KL Rahul. They both were purchased by their respective teams for INR 11 crores.
The third most expensive foreign cricketer in the Indian Premier League 2018 auction was Mitchell Starc, who was purchased by Kolkata Knight Riders for INR9.4 crore. While Kolkata Knight Riders retained Chris Lynn for INR9.6 crore, they used the Right to Match card for this purpose.
10 Most Expensive Players in IPL 2018 Auction
Here is a list of the 10 most expensive players in IPL 2018 auction:
1. Ben Stokes for INR12.5 crore for Rajasthan Royals
2. Jaydev Unadkat for INR11.5 crore for Rajasthan Royals
3. Manish Pandey for INR11 crore for Sunrisers Hyderabad
4. KL Rahul for INR11 crore for Kings XI Punjab
5. Chris Lynn for INR9.6 crore for Kolkata Knight Riders
6. Mitchell Starc for INR9.4 crore for Kolkata Knight Riders
7. Glenn Maxwell for INR9 crore for Delhi Daredevils
8. Rashid Khan for INR9 crore for Sunrisers Hyderabad
9. Krunal Pandya for INR8.8 crore for Mumbai Indians
10. Sanju Samson for INR8 crore for Rajasthan Royals